Author’s name: Mary Munson
Illustrator’s name: Kate Talbot
What is your book title? Love Will Turn You Around
Date of release: 4/5/2023
Preorder or Order link: https://www.amazon.com/Love-Will-Turn-You-Around/dp/1957655011/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2T05L9X7Q92JE&keywords=love+will+turn+you+around+mary+munson&qid=1681854070&sprefix=LOve+will+turn+you%2Caps%2C492&sr=8-1
Publisher: Gnome Road Publishing
Hometown: Rocky Hill, Connecticut
When Heart feels all wrong, his friends want to help him turn things around. But when he can’t roll like Circle or twirl like Triangle, Heart feels broken. With a little help from his friends and a lot of love, Heart starts feeling like himself again.
1. What are 5 things you want people to know about your book?
1. The book is chock full of early childhood concepts: shapes, properties of shapes, primary and secondary colors, how to be a friend, how to problem-solve, and how to be kind and show love to others.
2. Kate Talbot made fun and hysterical illustrations.
3. Children know from the cover what the problem in the story is and like to follow Heart’s journey.
4. It was so fun to write!
5. It is the first in a series…I hope!
2. What are 5 helpful hints or tips you wish you would’ve known before starting on this publishing journey?
- Publishing a book takes a long time. It took two years to get into print.
- The journey was fascinating; from working with the editor to talking about the illustrations, I found the whole process interesting.
- Connecting with a promotional group, I learned a lot about how to market a book through the group.
- Work on that website! I recently ditched WordPress for Canva, which has been a much easier do-it-yourself website platform for me.
- Keep busy, two years can be a long time, but it was certainly worth the wait.
3. What are 5 fun/quirky facts about yourself as an adult or child?
- I used to carve pictures on fungi as a child.
- I loved Andy Rooney and Erma Bombeck…does anyone remember them?!
- The Flintstones was my favorite cartoon, followed by The Munsters.
- I have never tried seafood, and do not intend to, ever.
- I used to swim with a hat on.
4. Where are 5 places that everyone should visit?
- The library.
- An ocean.
- The mountains.
- A rainforest.
- A desert.
5. What are 5 book recommendations (any genre)?
- The Artist’s Way, Julia Cameron
- On Writing, Stephen King
- Love Will Turn You Around, Mary Munson 🙂
- Walden, Life in the Woods, Henry David Thoreau
- The Monster at the End of This Book, Jon Stone
Subscribe to my website, and I will email these activity pages to you to use with the book!